Centre for Health Intelligence Learning and Development (CHILD)
Centre for Health Intelligence Learning and Development (CHILD) is a non-governmental and not – for – profit organization, registered under the Travancore –Cochin Literary, Scientific, and Charitable Societies Act in July 2006. The basic objective of the society is to promote healthy growth and development of children according to his/her own potential in the areas of physical development, intellectual development, development of creativity and the development of self-help skills.
- Organises variety of activities designed to enhance the physical, intellectual, social and emotional development of children.
- Has a “Guidance and Counseling Centre” to identify, evaluate and provide comprehensive services to children and adolescents
- Organises school-based awareness programmes on child development .
- Organises activities to create awareness on better parenting and stress relieving methodologies.
- Has a reference/lending library, reading room, documentation centre to foster reading habits among children and adults
- Organises journeys for children to places of educational, historical and social significance and to make them understand and love nature.
- Has a readers forum for Adults to foster reading habbits
- Runs a science Club for children to make Science learning easy through hands own experiments
- Organises vacation camps, day camps, sleep away camps, environmental education, leadership development internships and community service for children
- Conducts training programmes, seminars, workshops, conferences etc.on child development, personality development